Friday, June 17, 2011

Access Denied error while trying to Preview SSRS Report

You might get a message "An error occurred during local report processing. Access Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030005 (STG_E_ACCESSDENIED))" while you try to preview a report you developed under VS 2008 and which has been added to TFS or any source control.  

The reason for this is due to the .data file associated to the report which is read only state. You can resolve this issue by either checking out the .data file or unchecking the readonly attribute of the file under local folder.

Here is a nice article post by about the issue 

18 comments:

rlev said...

Perfect, that helped!

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Awesome! that worked.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how long I would have spent banging my head against the wall trying to figure this error out, you saved me hours of frustration!!

Anonymous said...

Made changes to the local data file. It worked. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I wish Microsoft could be more explicit in their errorhandling. Your post saved me a lot of frustration. THANKS!

Anonymous said...

thx!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It's helpful!

Anonymous said...

This worked for my issue as well. Thanks for this, saved me some time for sure.

Edwin Gonzalez said...

Efectivamente si sirve la liga que puesieron, resulta que es porque un .data esta como solo lectura ya que el tfs. o vsf o manejador de codigo lo pone asi, seria quitarlo del proyecto o simplemente darle checkout

Anonymous said...

This post saved us from spending an entire day of efforts(though we had already close to half a day in trying to understand :)

Anonymous said...

thank you so much, this was very helpful

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous said...

This is so helpful. Thanks for posting. Saved me a lot of time. I've been looking for solution.

Anonymous said...

Perfect, thank you

Unknown said...

Thank you! The help you provided then is still helping people 5 years later!

Nag said...

thank you so much..

Rajasekaran said...

After 2 days of unclear, you answer make me happy. Thank You So much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks